Saturday, March 24, 2012

Time Flies . . .

Time Flies
March 23, 2012

     Six months seemed like such a long stretch, I arrived in September, leaving the airport with the knowledge that this new land should be my home until the end of March, but in hindsight, I'm shocked by its so soon of an approach. Time can fly. Being here, within this waiting gate, causes me to think of all the times I have looked at the tasks of life before me and thought, "I'll never finish, there is too much to do," or. "the wait is too long". Nevertheless, hindsight comes in view after time, and the clock strikes the hour you've awaited, it is here, your name is being called for your flight and you are embarking on yet another journey. In moments I will be boarding a plane to take me from a land I have grown to love, back to the land I once called home. During my time here I've thought back often of things I miss within my "homeland" things I look forward to doing upon return, but now, in hindsight view, I look forward to nothing, but being with the one's I love. I have learned that if home is where the heart is, my heart is being founded in eternity. My prayer in leaving here is, "Come Lord Jesus, Come!" Take us all to be with You soon, because I am surely going to miss the one's I've grown to love within this land. In returning to my former place, my prayer is this, "Good Shepherd, lead me on," because I know not where to place my feet, where to rest my head, where to begin. In some ways I feel like a stranger entering back in. The reality of the American dream, what will I do? Where will I live? Within a land of such opportunity, what opportunities will I take? So blessed I am to hold within my hands a passport to such a place, yet there-in I have learned is something deeper, the privilege of confidence that my name is written in heaven. My soul secure, my Lord is returning for me. 
     Being away from my homeland has given me a hindsight view toward this life. It passes fast. Time flies. The important thing is where is your destination? What is the final landing of your life. Where is your treasure, where can your heart be found? Is it in a place, a job, a relationship? Or is it rested solely in Christ alone--to where, regardless of what land you are in, your living for a land seen only through the eyes of faith. The time is coming to board this plane, part of my heart wants to remain, the other part to enter into a new place, a new season. 
     Thank you Lord that my heart needs not make a choice between the two, but simply to turn to You. Secure is my life, my home above, where soon You will take me, giving my life a hindsight that was always leading me closer to my heart's true Love. Use my life to lead more unto the precious confidence of this glorious truth.
O Africa! Goodbye. To what You have in store here-on, fill me with Your grace to greet and meet. Amina.

No comments:

Post a Comment