Monday, March 11, 2013

Hope Resides Here. . .


Journal entry after a day of ministry in island medical outreach...I recorded results for HIV/AID Testing. Out of 30 people tested, 8 were positive. Most were young girls, girls of my age. I looked into the eyes of girls too young to hear such news, my heart was grieved, my prayer was penned.

Jesus,                                                                   8th-Feb-2013
You are the only hope to this world...today I witnessed the wages of sin in this life. THe depravity due to the consequences of sin. That people should live in such conditions. That young girls should be exposed to such infection. That life should be so hopeless. Oh the consequences of sin in this life! Dearest Jesus, is this a sight similar to what You saw when You looked down upon mankind and Your heart groaned? Enough to move You to leave Your heavenly throne? To come into the midst of our depravity, to serve despite the weight it bore upon Your heart, and then to give of Yourself that their blinded eyes may see? Have You given me a glimpse into what Your heart may of seen, such passion that followed as You left behind all to come. To serve. To give. That hope may be where hope was lost. That 8 of the 30 might receive life before death knocks at their door?
Father, may the things that You have allowed my eyes to see, may the grief my heart has felt weigh upon me in a righteous way unto Your glory.
Fill this heart with passion and zeal that they might know You, and in Your grace be saved from the state of their sin and hang upon the doorposts of their lives, "HOPE RESIDES HERE". In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment