Thursday, March 7, 2013

Sowing. . .


20-Feb-2013
The little child within her mother's loving arms that sits beside me has stitching in her shoes. I know how much these rubber sandal-like shoes cost new, so little; yet when a tear came to these, this mother would sow rather than throw out. How often when I see a tear, I cast away, I buy new--but this woman would instead redeem these shoes and buy them back again for use through needle and thread. 
Dearest Jesus, this evening You allowed me to sit beside a lesson for my heart. You my Lord have done this act of love for me. When my shoes slip, when tears and rips appear in my life, You do not cast me away, but redeem me in confession and mend me again that I may be used to walk before You, to share the story of Your redemption. Thank you for loving me enough to sow me and make me whole. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment