Thursday, April 26, 2012


"...So that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope 
for Him and find Him, 
though He is not far from each one of us" Acts 17:27

     In the verse before we are given confidence that the Lord has pre-appointed the destination of our feet. Where you were brought up was apart of His design. Where you are today, apart of His design for your life. Doesn't this bring comfort to your heart? He uses where we are, regardless of that being a good place or a hard place to accomplish His desires, that being that we should seek Him and find Him. We've heard it said that He alone can satisfy and that we can search high and low and never find what we are looking for until we find ourself in Him...until we come to the simplicity of Him alone. This is truth, however, I personally believe that He often allows us to spend time searching high and low to build a confidence in His sufficiency alone. King Solomon, a man given wisdom from above, having witnessed the Lord's works, still spent much time searching the abyss only to come back to His final declaration, "Vanity of vanities...All is vanity...Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man's all" (Ecc. 12:8,13). After his search, he came to know the reality that only God can satisfy. God could reveal Himself so clearly, yet He chooses to conceal certain parts of His character that the heart filled with faith would seek Him out. Jeremiah declared that God had a good plan for His people, and that they would seek Him and find Him when they chose to search for Him with all their hearts. He will use where you are and the surroundings you are in to bring you a place of groping for Him. Of searching out the mysteries of His grace in your life. God reveals different aspects of His character in different aspects of life that we face. In the midst of loss, we see that He gives. In confusion, that He is peace. In sickness that He heals, the list goes on, the truth stands firm: He alone satisfies, and He will use your pre-appointed surroundings to reveal to you how near He is. The heart that seeks Him, will find Him.
Application for Myself:
Praise the Lord that if I search for Him, I will not be left disappointed, but I will find Him. I serve a God who can be found, and not only in the good times, but in the hard times, in the face of unpleasant surroundings, I can find His nature there-in. I wanna live with this reality in mind. As I step into the new plans He has for me, I desire to seek Him more. The times we seek are the times of greatest satisfaction, so why do I not seek the more? Today, I am going to look at my surroundings and write down the nature of Him that He has revealed to me through the present destination of my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment